Ozone Therapy: Everything You Need to Know
What does being healthy mean to you? To me, it’s about having the energy to do all of the things I want to do in my life – now, and for years to come. It’s about being mentally and physically alert so that I can handle whatever life may throw at me. It’s about having a body that is functioning at its best, so that I can live my life to the fullest.
However, being healthy is actually about so much more than that. It’s about keeping your cells – or rather, your almost 37 trillion cells – healthy. And that means, giving them the oxygen they need to survive. But what if we aren’t getting enough oxygen for our cells just from breathing alone? More often than not, that’s the case. Whether it’s due to pollution, poor diet, or living an inactive lifestyle, a lack of oxygen can pose serious health risks to even the healthiest among us.
Lack of Oxygen Can Make You Sick
When our bodies don’t get the oxygen they need, it can lead to serious infections or disease. Why? Because this gives certain organisms the chance to grow. They’re called anaerobes, and they thrive in oxygen-free environments. When the toxins we take in on a daily basis absorb the oxygen our bodies keep in reserve, anaerobes spring into action. Take cancer, for instance. Cancer cells are anaerobic, and oxygen is their worst nightmare. Cancer spreads through a process of fermentation, but oxygen helps to stop that process.
Having low levels of oxygen can be dangerous to your health. Not only can it diminish your mental capacity, impact any mood disorders or degenerative diseases, but it can even cause you pain. A lack of oxygen can also delay your healing process. In order for your body to recover from whatever is ailing you, it not only needs adequate nutrients and vitamins, but also oxygen. That’s why Ozone Therapy is gaining popularity as one of the best ways to put individuals back on the path to health.
How Ozone Therapy Can Help
Ozone is a gas made up of three atoms of oxygen and is the second most powerful stabilizer in the world, which can reap several health benefits. Ozone Therapy delivers an ozone/oxygen mix that when administered to the body, stimulates the uptake of oxygen by the cell for optimal function. Though Ozone is a gas, inhaling it can be toxic unless it is bubbled through oil however, there are other treatment methods that when utilized and prescribed correctly, have been found to be safe and stable with minimal to no side effects.
Ozone can improve blood circulation by increasing the amount of oxygen being delivered throughout your body, and in turn strengthen your blood vessels and the growth of new capillaries. It can decrease inflammation and boost your body’s ability to fight infection. Ozone can also promote anti-oxidant capacities to fight stress, restore energy, and help improve everything from mood disorders, to dementia, to chronic infections.
Conditions That Ozone Therapy Can Help
Below are just a few of the conditions that can benefit from Ozone Therapy:
- Autoimmune disease
- Chemical sensitivities
- Chronic obstructive
- Pulmonary disease
- Memory loss and/or brain fog
- Eye disease
- Heart and vascular disease
- Infections (bacterial, fungal, viral)
- Low immunity
- Lyme disease
- Osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Post stroke
Ozone Therapy Options
The ways we safely and effectively use ozone here at New Beginnings Health Care are as follows:
MAH (major autohemotherapy)
- One method involves treating your blood with ozone and oxygen, and then sending it back into your body through an IV. Known as MAH (major autohemotherapy), this process involves between eight to 30 treatments over a course of 4-15 weeks, with each session lasting between 30 to 45 minutes. This treatment can be effective on any of the above issues.
- Through the use of an oxygen tank and an ozone generator, a mix of ozone/gas is produced which can be administered through the rectum, vagina, ears, or nose. Rectal insufflation is primarily used to treat more chronic or systemic conditions in the body, as well as boost your overall immune system. You can rent or buy an ozone generator from us so that it can be done more often and for a longer period of time.
Vaginal, Ear, or Nasal Insufflation
- Vaginal, ear, or nasal insufflation is most effective for treating bacteria, infections and viruses, including yeast, pneumonia and sinusitis. It can also be effective towards cognitive-related conditions, such as brain fog and memory loss. This can be performed on a periodic basis in our office, but can also done alternatively with rectal insufflation using a unit rented from us.
- A fourth option is Ozone Joint Therapy, which involves a nutrient solution being injected into your body around the injured area. This is followed by ozone being injected into the joint, or the surrounding cartilage, ligaments, muscles, and tendons. This regenerative therapy can help improve joints, reduce pain and get you active again.
- Finally, ozonated olive oil, beauty, and skincare products are a pure and safe way to nourish and soothe your skin. With natural anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antibacterial properties, ozonated products can be used to sterilize and clean wounds, reduce inflammation, stimulate the regeneration of skin cells, and speed up the healing process. When applied topically it can treat a variety of skin conditions, including Athletes Foot, minor skin wounds, diaper rash, hemorrhoids, yeast infections, wrinkles, scars, acne, and minimize age spots.
If you are interested in learning more about Ozone Therapy and how you could benefit from it, we would be happy to discuss this with you. For more information, please call our office at (619) 713-5540.